Sunday, October 26, 2014

Gases in the Atmosphere

Even though it hasn't been in our Science Content Standards until NGSS, I have been teaching students about Global Warming since 1990.  This year marks the first year where the message has shifted significantly-- more urgently crying out for change and exposing the very real impacts across the globe.  The resources I used previously were changed and when I went to check links, I was surprised and impressed by the direction we have taken.  

While my generation was raised with predictions of what could happen if we don't reduce our carbon dioxide emissions, your generation is experiencing the predictions becoming documented reality.  We examined the data sets on an Antarctic food web and the keystone species, krill, in class.  We looked at small things that we can do as individuals that add up to a big difference.  

Yet, the question was raised by E. Zaiser, "So what? What difference does it make? How does this affect me and my life?" 

Go find out…click on Climate Change Page on my website to get resources for your investigation.  It's due at the end of class on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment